9.23.2008

A Trip To The Fire Station

On Monday, Amos' preschool class went to the Fayetteville fire station.  We loaded all the car seats onto the bus, buckled in all the children and were off and running by 9:15 am.  When we got there, one of the women that works there gave them a lesson on what a fire detector was and what to do if you hear it go off....  They were told to crawl on the floor so they don't breathe in the smoke from the fire and get out of the house as quickly as possible.  Then the lady said, "what do you do when you get outside?  Do you run around your neighborhood looking for mom and dad?"  They all answered, no.  Then she said, "what would be a good meeting place?"  And one sweet little voice said, "Chuck-E-Cheese!!!"  

After their little lesson, they got to climb inside a fire truck and learn all about it.  Next, we moved on to the living quarters of the fire station.  They got to see where the firemen eat, sleep, shower and workout, but their favorite part was the famous pole!  All of the kids loved to watch the firemen slide down the pole.  

They all learned so much and had such a great time.  I'm so glad they let me tag along for all the fun!

Mrs. Amy and the class getting on the bus
What a big boy!
Aren't they all so cute in their little car seats?
Amos and his buddy, Jimmy.
Right after I took this picture Amos said, "Mom, I'm so glad you came with me."  Isn't that sweet?!
Walking up to the fire station
I like this picture because the truck is in the background!
Amos touching a fireman's hat!!!
In this picture, they had one of the guys get dressed in all his gear in front of the kids so they wouldn't be scared if they ever had to be rescued in a fire. 
Amos checking out the inside of the truck

Sliding down the pole!
This was my favorite picture!!!!    :-)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like a fun time!

Such a sweet little boy that you have.

Wess and Kristal said...

Hey Amanda! This is Kristal Gano (formerly Waggoner)...I stumbled across your blog when I posted on Tonette's blog, so anyway, I have been catching up on you and your crew! Your family is beautiful! I am so glad I will get to keep up with you more now!

Jennifer Skoff said...

Isn't Callie and Amos in the same class? I'm confused. Did they go at different times? Great pics! Amos is a cutie!