11.15.2010

The Letter

Most of you know Kent... shy, quiet, sensitive, respectful, sweet, smart, helpful...

Well, at the beginning of the year, we had our first PTC and his teacher said he was a wonderful student. She talked about how he is "all business" and is always on task and focused. You would think that was a good thing, right?

Well...


Not long after our meeting, I picked him up from school and I could tell something was wrong before he opened the door.


Me: Hi, Honey! How was your day?

K: Horrible.

Me: Oh. Well, what happened?

K: ______ kept interrupting me during group discussion time and was telling jokes that weren't funny. He talked so much that no one else had a chance to talk. So, I told him "thanks a lot" and was really mad!

Me: Okay, so why did that ruin your day?

K: Because he told me to shut my piehole!

Me: (Trying not to burst out in laughter) Did he get in trouble?

K: Yeah, the teacher sent him to the office and the principle made him write an apology letter to me.



I can't help but love this kid! He is hilarious...

My favorite part: "because your Kent"

Sounds like this kid has it all figured out. I love it!

4 comments:

Gary and Kellye said...

Love it! I finally got caught up on the other posts too. The fall pics look great. I can't believe how grown up all the kids look. Congrats on becoming an aunt, also! How exciting!

Dawn Mabry said...

HA!! That is GREAT!! So glad you shared that. KIDS!

Jenny said...

Oh, that's hilarious! :)

Dawn Mabry said...

Amanda - Yes, I am pregnant. 16 weeks today. WOO HOO!! We are excited. Due May 4th. I don't mind at all if you add me to your blog roll. Dawn