10.30.2010

Birthday Boys

Kent Alan
October 12
Dear Kent,

Here you are another year older, and another year closer to double digits! Before long, you will be taller than me and shaving!

Since last year, you have accomplished so much. Your a big third grader now, and your really being challenged in school. You have lots of friends and all the teachers love you. Your grades are outstanding and so are your baseball/football skills! Reading is still one of your favorite things and, of course, video games. But the most important thing of all happened this year... you were saved!

I am so proud of the person you are becoming, and hope that you carry the love you have for Jesus in your heart forever. Everyone that meets you says you are such a sweet boy, and they are right! You are!

I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for you!
Happy Birthday, son. I love you.
~mom

Amos McKinley
October 6
Dear Cowboy Amos,

It's official, your a big kid now! A big six year old Kindergartner! It's still hard for me to believe that you are in school.

Over the last year, we have watched you grow and change, and it's been interesting...

You like school and are still crazy about baseball.

You have decided that you want to dress like a cowboy for EVERY occasion, and you can't do without the cowboy boots. I NEVER thought I would be okay with you dressing this way, but your so stinkin' cute and it makes you happy.

You still love to pick on your brother and sister, but your finding out from school that there are tougher kids than you! :)

You still love Georgie and sneaking in my bed after daddy leaves for work.

Dinosaurs in the bath tub are still a big hit, and so is daddy's cologne!

I think if I didn't monitor you intake of popsicles, you might turn into one!

You still love eating your cereal without milk, and picking off all the sausages on a pizza before anyone else gets a chance to get a bite.


I will never forget all these little things that make you who you are. Eventually, they will all fade and you will become more and more independent and grown up. Until then, I will enjoy it.

Just remember, no matter how old you are, you will always be my little man!

Happy Birthday, buddy! I love you.
~mom

1 comment:

Angel said...

I love that you had the brilliant idea of these birthday photos with their age framed each year ! Handsome boys, you have !