Look what I got from Beth! She is always giving out awards and doing cool stuff on her blog... you should check it out! Thanks, Beth! :-)
Here are the rules:
#1. Admit ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a great mom!
First, I will say this... I love my children SO much, BUT sometimes I want to run away. I don't mean taking a quick trip in the car around the block or to the store, I'm talking about RUNNING AWAY!!! Gosh, just thinking about all the reasons why I should makes me want to jump up and go! Does anyone else get sick of the tattling, whining, complaining, hitting, laundry and MESSES???
Ahhhh, I feel better! :-)
#2. To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself EVERY DAY that you rock!
1. I love it that my sweet Kent always recognizes the little things I do for him. He always says "thanks, mom, for all the things you do for me." He also LOVES clean sheets, and always hugs my neck and thanks me. Oh... he is so precious.
2. I love it when:
Amos comes into my bed at 2:00 am to "snuggle bug", or when he says "your beautiful mom, now give me your had so I can kiss it."
Kent says "mom, you make the best food", or how he is always willing to help me with any task, no matter how pleasant or unpleasant it may be. Gosh, he is a good boy!
Grace walks in the bathroom while I'm in the bathtub and sits down and says, "don't worry mom, we're both girls so it's okay for me to sit in here with you", or how when I'm sick she takes the best care of me.
3. My kids love it when I invite them to cook with me and we make a big mess.
4. I have to admit... I am a video game junkie. My kids LOVE it when we play the Play Station together.
5. I love it when all three of them get their dart guns out (and loaded) and run around the house in pure chaos.
6. There is nothing that will bring a smile to my face like hearing their laughter. It's healing, comforting and so precious.
7. I love to hear their prayers. Their words are never for "show", they are always genuine. It doesn't get better than that! :-)
#3. Pass the award on to other moms that you think are great!
Here are the ladies I have chosen: